Down South: Caleruega-Alfonso-Tagaytay

A weekend getaway:

Caleruega for a wedding.
Tagaytay for sleep.
            Alfonso for a re-union.


Caleruega, Batangas  'Beautiful, Intimate, and Serene.'
Majestic during the day, even more at night.  It’s a wonderful place inside and out.  Truly a great place for a wedding.


Brick Walkways add romance and
authenticity to the ambiance
Walking along the tree-lined brick walks made me feel like I was transported into another genre that I wouldn’t want to get out of.

It’s a long way from the metro, but once you get there, the trip is worth it --whether it be your wedding, a friend’s, or maybe even a stranger’s. 

I don’t have much pictures as I was in awe too much to even bother to take shots.  There are tons of pictures in the web though.  Worth checking out when you have the time… and maybe even considering for your own wedding.

Just so we’re clear, NO, I’m not part of their Marketing team... I'm just a big fan of the place. =)






Tagaytay, Cavite.



Having no hotel reservation, and what seemed like a storm coming our way, we opted for the closest hotel -- Taal Vista Hotel.


It turned out to be quite much for a person on budget, but I figured it was worth treating my mom to a good place to rest.



The room was spacious, with complete amenities, but looked like your standard room.  Nothing really to make you go ‘wow’ and feel like you’re in a posh place, matching that posh price.


The view from the hotel was great though, and it was fun playing around the grass in the area overlooking Taal volcano. 

Going around, I found the swimming pool, and the water was so inviting.  I’d jump into the pool if I could at that moment.  Too bad I didn’t have any other change of clothes.

What did it for me though was the wonderful breakfast buffet.  A good variety of food, mixed with pleasant service from the crew, delicious watermelon juice, and good company.



All in all, if I were to rate the hotel, taking into account the cost of staying a night, I’d rate it a three out of five.  The rooms were nice but really should have been grander; at least that’s this person’s opinion.





Alfonso, Cavite.  'If it's good, it's Brewed For You'


The reunion was not actually mine, but I decided to tag along to see the place myself.  I was pleased to be introduced to this wonderful coffee place: “Brewed For You”


This is where you buy the coffee.
Coffeemakers from yester-years
The whole ambiance of the place is ironically homey, despite it being what seemed like a warehouse.  Come to think of it, I believe it has to do with the blend of wonderful coffee and hot chocolate mixed with the touch of the owner’s life.


There's nothing like Acoustic guitars to match the rustic feel of the bench.


Exploring the place, you see all sorts of knick knacks.  First thought I had in mind was actually, “This place is interesting, but was such a mess with too much stuff around.”  But after looking closely, I gladly take back my first thought, and declare it wonderful.  

Yes, I declare it wonderful!



Yes, that's a black-beaked-king-rubber duckie! 
(not really sure if its made of rubber though..
it's just good to say rubber duckie, like Ernie :P) 

So what's interesting about this place?

Here's a peek at what's in store for you when you get there... 



Anything goes...
and I mean anything.








From handmade figures, to musical pigs & a little duck;
From aged business cards to models of vintage cars;
From an actual bong and to liquored coffee and even Lambanog.
Writing about this, I’m longing for a cup of that 
'oh so delicious' hot chocolate… maybe even two.


Exploring these new places was definitely exciting... i think exploring always will be. 
Til the next trip!


Something to ponder on...
Despite how short a time you spend in that place, it’s what you make of that moment that will matter and what you’ll carry with you the rest of your life.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks!! We should have coffee and hot chocolate in Brewed For You one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a compliment!!!! am so pleased/thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brewed for you's coffee is simply the best. The ultimate epicurean delight I've had in this place was the home-made "chocolate" with matching crispy pinipig, just a small cup reminds me of my childhood memories spent every Christmas in our hometown in Indang, Cavite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! The pinipig is great with the hot chocolate! :) Thanks for bringing that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. please visit the branch, brewed for you coffee house & restaurant. opened 27th march,diokno highway, mayasang, lemery, batangas; a couple of kms after canyon woods and just about 200 meters before fantasy world. welcome to the 2nd home of the gold blend.

    ReplyDelete